Starting Something New

Last night in studio I finished a “proof of concept” test component for a new piece I’m working on. So far, I’m soldering copper wire and sewing paper to it, and I needed to confirm that I could solder the flat faces, sew the paper on, and then go back and solder more pieces to create the 3D form, without the burning the paper or thread in the last step. Success! Stay tuned for more shots at this stage, as I’ll be making several pieces before pulling them together into what I expect will the the final form.

Also! If you’re seeing this post on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, that means I’ve successfully figured out how to make Process posts to my new website and share them automatically. I did a full overhaul of this spring, creating a new, cleaner site completely from scratch. I hope you’ll check it out!

Scroll to top